Monday, May 21, 2012

Cinderella : A September Pumpkin and a Shoe Box


Cinderella : A September Pumpkin and a Shoe Box

MARK 12:30

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with
all thy strength:  this is the first commandment.

Tomorrow is the sign up day for the:

ORANGE RACE : Advanced National Debt Training

but before I write anything more about that, I want
to see if you can guess who I am writing about.

Here are her words exactly:
It's Thursday night. My boys are at the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Banquet. Our family was very graciously invited by the Board to attend this prestigious event. We were all looking forward to it. Myself included.

However, as 5 PM approached, I started to panic as I suspected the next hour would be complete chaos. Max had a baseball game, Mike was navigating traffic on his way from work to Max's game. I had the task of getting Jack ready for the banquet. The plan was to leave by 6 PM, otherwise we'd be late for the dinner.

One of the more challenging aspects of our day is getting Jack dressed. I admire anyone who can do this with ease. Hopefully that day will come, but I'm not there yet.

Let's just say tonight was anything but smooth sailing. For starters, I had to buy new dress clothes for Jack since his are in storage while we renovate our house. But, I bought Jack the wrong size pants. Discovered this after I got them on and transferred him back into his chair from the bed. We got the shirt on, then I didn't know what to do.

At that point Mike and Max came barreling into the apartment, surprised to see that Jack wasn't ready and that I was a complete mess. Max took the quickest shower ever while Mike grabbed a pair of his pants for Jack. Way too big, but a much better fit considering Jack shouldn't wear anything too tight because it could trigger AD (autonomic dysreflexia, a potentially dangerous condition common to people with spinal cord injuries).

The two of us managed to switch the pants and finished getting Jack ready. Mike disappeared only to emerge a few minutes later in a suit and tie, even Max was all set. All three of my boys were looking sharp and ready to go.

I stood there, knowing it would take more than a few seconds to pull myself together, so I sent them on their way. My apologies to the Hobey Baker crew. Didn't mean to miss the event.

I shut the door, then burst into tears. I really wanted to go but couldn't make the boys late. I felt like Cinderella in my woe-is-me moment, especially as I cleaned up the tornado of a mess that was left behind in everyone's haste to get out the door.

Then the self pity quickly turned into shame. How dare I feel bad for myself. Not a moment goes by when I don't wonder why this tragedy happened to Jack. It's completely unfair yet he has the strength and courage to move forward and do whatever it takes to get through each and every day.

We take so many things for granted, like putting on our socks and shoes, yet simple daily tasks don't come easy to Jack anymore. I so admire the person he is and nothing makes me more proud to say that I am his (and Max's) mom.

And speaking of being a mom, thank you for all of the Mother's Day wishes. I hope it was a special day for all. 

HOBEY BAKER AWARD RECIPIENTS by year and name:
1981       Neal Broten              Center                          Minnesota
1982       George McPhee       Left wing                      Bowling Green
1983       Mark Fusco              Defense                       Harvard
1984       Tom Kurvers            Defense                       Minnesota Duluth
1985       Bill Watson               Right wing                   Minnesota Duluth
1986       Scott Fusco               Center                          Harvard
1987       Tony Hrkac              Center                          North Dakota
1988       Robb Stauber           Goaltender                  Minnesota
1989       Lane MacDonald     Left wing                      Harvard
1990       Kip Miller                 Center                         Michigan State
1991       David Emma             Center                         Boston College
1992       Scott Pellerin            Left wing                     Maine
1993       Paul Kariya              Left wing                     Maine
1994       Chris Marinucci       Left wing                     Minnesota Duluth
1995       Brian Holzinger       Center                         Bowling Green
1996       Brian Bonin              Center                        Minnesota
1997       Brendan Morrison  Center                         Michigan
1998       Chris Drury              Left wing                    Boston University
1999       Jason Krog              Center                        New Hampshire
2000       Mike Mottau          Defense                      Boston College
2001       Ryan Miller            Goaltender                 Michigan State
2002       Jordan Leopold       Defense                     Minnesota
2003       Peter Sejna              Left wing                    Colorado College
2004       Junior Lessard       Right wing                  Minnesota Duluth
2005       Marty Sertich         Center                        Colorado College
2006       Matt Carle              Defense                     Denver
2007       Ryan Duncan          Left wing                   North Dakota
2008       Kevin Porter           Center                       Michigan
2009       Matt Gilroy            Defense                     Boston University
2010       Blake Geoffrion     Center                        Wisconsin
2011       Andy Miele            Left Wing                   Miami University
2012       Jack Connolly        Center                        Minnesota Duluth

Now, this next part you are going to have to use your
imagination and MARK 12:30.  There’s this guy named Thomas
who was a disciple of Jesus.  Between the lightnings and the
thunderings up in heaven, a plea goes out and a prayer is heard.

Respectfully in TRUTH,



Author
Sole Owner of Orange Race Card Angels
Head of Angel Promotions

P.S. Orange Race: Advanced National Debt Training
sign up here tomorrow!!! In the meantime, please
enjoy a song from Cinderella, from the 80’s




I can't tell ya baby what went wrong
I can't make you feel what you felt so long ago
I'll let it show
I can't give you back what's been hurt
Heartaches come and go and all that's left are the words
I can't let go
If we take some time to think it over baby
Take some time, let me know
If you really want to go

Don't know what you got till it's gone
Don't know what it is I did so wrong
Now I know what I got
It's just this song
And it ain't easy to get back
Takes so long

I can't feel the things that cause you pain
I can't clear my heart of your love it falls like rain
Ain't the same
I hear you calling far away
Tearing through my soul I just can't take another day
Who's to blame
If we take some time to think it over baby
Take some time let me know
If you really want to go

Don't know what you got till it's gone
Don't know what it is I did so wrong
Now I know what I got
It's just this song
And it ain't easy to get back
Takes so long

Do you want to see me beggin' baby
Can't you give me just one more day
Can't you see my heart's been draggin' lately
I've been lookin' for the words to say

Don't know what you got till it's gone
Don't know what it is I did so wrong
Now I know what I got
It's just this song
And it ain't easy to get back
Takes so long

Don't know what you got till it's gone no
Don't know what it is I did so wrong
Now I know what I got
It's just this song
And it ain't easy to get back
Takes so long

No comments:

Post a Comment